Our task for this post is to talk about our research topic for this course and it is to be a topic that encompasses change with digital technologies in education.
Over the course of the week, I moved from one topic to another, as I found articles that were in various ways related to my original idea but seemed more absorbing. I still kept to the plan of using a research topic that would inform my work. This adds value for me, and potentially for others.
So now I am down to two possibilities:
- The role of ITS and Library, Teaching and Learning in influencing lecturers' adoption and use of lecture capture and streaming capabilities at Lincoln University
- When two groups of educational staff with differing perspectives/philosophies on the amount/percentage of use of face to face and digital in service provision are brought together structurally as a team, what changes ensue in use of and attitude to the balance of f2f and digital? In what ways are the uses of technology related to the structural changes?
Music listened to while creating this blog post: Queen - Greatest Hits.
A relevant link for this post seemed to be around the literature review... so here is one...
Defining The Literature Review (
Uploaded to YouTube on 13 Sep 2011
"This is a shorter version of the
NCSU Libraries' video about the Literature Review Process. It is under a
Creative Commons license. Category Education Licence Creative Commons Attribution licence (reuse allowed)"
Kia ora Lindsay
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog post, in particular how you have integrated a reflection of the process with the outputs for a potential research topic. That's a great video on the literature review which we should include in the next iteration of EDEM630 - -thanks for sharing.
I think both topics are valid research questions for this course -- ultimately it will be personal choice and interest which will direct your decision. Speaking personally -- I have greater interest in the 2nd question, but you're right I think that's a harder topic to research -- but as a scholar the contribution will be greater :-). It's your call -- A few considerations: Do you have the time and passion to tackle more than what's needed for achievement in EDEM630? Are you planning to pursue PhD research? These are factors you may want to take into account as well.
Good luck with your decision -- but both topics are worthy of investigation and fit well with the aims of this course.