The two axes are uncertainties that I gleaned from separate sources.
EduPunk to Edubusiness came from Steve Wheeler's blog this week and it relates to the tension between formal learning and DIY learning. Some of the uncertainties on our questionstorm are related to this one, I think. It is very important to the future as many of our learning tools and their underlying principles are being purchased and packaged by businesses. In my context it is uncertain because of the tension between ease of use/funding and principles/timing/convenience.
Formal Assessment to Informal Credentialing came from Terry Anderson's video signpost and relates both to authentication of learning and to the structure/nature of assessment. It is important in my context with the increased moves to internationalsation and to blended teaching/delivery. It is 'certainly uncertain' because there are pressures/drivers that could tip it either way.

You've done an excellent job of your graphic -- the time spent in doing this is time saved for the next time you need to produce a graphic. BTW - Great scenario matrix. Can't wait to read the story lines.
ReplyDeleteLyn, each one of us has skills and talents, you have been able to utilize others skills for diagrams and graphics, whilst probably assisting others with your particular specialty. Nothing wrong with that at all. By the way, your graphic may not be as pretty as some others but it is clear and easy to understand. Looking forward to reading more. A hint, if I am ever stuck i now go to somewhere like youtube and type in what I want to know, I am constantly astounded what people take the time to make videos of.
ReplyDeleteActually I appreciate the referencing you have done to arrive at your axis, good background reading and checking I suspect.
Nice work Lyn!
ReplyDeleteOne of my scenarios is also based on Terry's uncertainty of credentials and open badges. I think it's a very valid point and things can go wither way - students and educational institutions will embrace it or question its validity and credibility.